Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Breaking News! Nun Beauty Pageant Called Off!

I heard about this the other day on the morning radio show I listen to, and I'm said to hear that it's been cancelled.

Evidently an Italian monk had proposed a beauty contest for Italian nuns, dubbed by some as Nun Miss Italy 2008. The media picked this up and ran with it, making it seem like he was going to have the nuns send in pictures of themselves in swimsuits under their habits, praying in lingerie, etc. Sadly, that was not what he meant at all, now he says, naturally after the fact.

He instead meant that nuns would send him facts about their spirituality and other vague, inner-beauty type attributes for him to post on his blog. His superiors weren't happy, naturally, about the portrayal of their order in the world media. What a misunderstanding!!! Not just some weird nun fetish event.

I really think that this sounds like a bored priest just joking around on his blog and the idea spun out of control.

Afterall, what Catholic boy or man hasn't wondered what's under a nun's habit? Or is that just me? :-)

I think it's pretty neat that the priest's monastery has internet and that he blogs. I guess it's not a monastic order. Which begs the question, do vows of silence extend to typing too?

No comments: